Projects I currently work on
- PayPal.com (2008 - present) - Pay and get paid online. Currently working as a frontend developer.
Projects I've formerly worked on
- GMail (2007) - I was hired to develop Greasemonkey hacks for GMail to prototype new features.
- Yahoo! Messenger (2006) - I wrote many of the initial versions of the plugins released with Messenger 8 for Windows.
- NINRemixes.com (2005 - 2009) - Remixes of music by Nine Inch Nails. I worked as primary backend and frontend developer as well as a site administrator.
Websites I visit regularly
- Ars Technica - Tech news / forum
- Slashdot - Tech news / discussion
- Reddit - News / discussion
- Last.fm - Site for music enthusiasts
- OCRemix - Thousands of free remixes from video games
Projects / Organizations of interest to me
- Ubuntu Linux - My preferred desktop, laptop, and server operating system
- Android - My preferred handset operating system
- Mozilla Corporation - Makers of Firefox, my web browser of choice
- GNU - One of the founding and most influential leaders of the open source movement
- W3C - Official body for drafting web standards
- WHATWG - Browser vendor-driven working group for drafting new de facto web standards to be proposed to the W3C
- PHP - My favorite web programming language
- MySQL - My favorite relational database
- Pidgin - My favorite IM client
Products I recommend
- HTC Droid Incredible - The best Android phone on the market right now in my opinion
- System76 - High quality preinstalled Linux laptops, desktops, and servers
- Ubuntu Dells - Dell computers preinstalled with Ubuntu
- Google Talk + GMail - Next generation instant messaging service + email service
Games I recommend
Free multiplayer 2d sidescroller shooter.
- Beyond The Red Line - A Battlestar Galactica Fighter Combat Game
Free software multiplayer fighter combat game based on the Battlestar Galactica universe and the Freespace2 engine. Currently only a playable demo is available, however this game has shown rapid progress. Worth playing and worth following the community!
Free software multiplayer FPS based off of ID Software's Quake engine. I play on random servers which I ping low to. Having a fast connection is very important for this game.
- FUO: Free Ultima Online
The commercial fantasy MMORPG Ultima Online produced by EA can be played on one of many free servers now if you can procure a copy of the client and install some third party software. I recommend the UOGamers server.
- UOGamers.com server site
- My UOGamers screenshots
- My EA servers funny screenshots
- My EA servers nostalgic screenshots
- My EA servers PVP screenshots
Fun, addictive, unique, free, massively multiplayer overhead 2d space shooter. I recommend the 17th Parallel zone.