Star Trek TAS - Season 1 - Episode 11
- Arex claims his eyes can't reach the optical instruments at his station. But there are no optical instruments at his station... Now if he had Sulu's job, or Spock's job, I might have some sympathy for him.
- Starfleet uniforms are made of organic matter called xenulon.
- The crew of the Enterise shrinking.
- The little crew trying to operate the ship's equipment.
- Sulu breaking his leg by falling from his station on the bridge.
- Chapel nearly drowning in an aquarium and Kirk saving her using a string like a rope.
This episode is remarkable in the fact that the story could not have been done in the live action series because the special effects wouldn't have been up to the task. Additionally, the science behind the crew shrinking is extremely good, especially by TAS standards. It was fun watching the miniature Enterprise crew struggle to operate the ship's equipment. Only the resolution of the plot was a bit contrived. Once again the transporter is the miracle cure, which is annoying. Even more annoying is Kirk's hesitation in rescuing the Terratins. Overall, a great episode though.
The following are comments submitted by my readers.
- From tigertooth on 2017-03-19 at 7:29pm:
This is another poll that clearly got spammed (or maybe a bug caused a bunch of zero votes to accumulate). The other TAS episodes have a few dozen votes total, but this one has nearly 200 votes, and 3/4ths of them are zeros!
If you took away the 144 zero votes (as of this writing), the fan voting average would be 6.7 instead of 1.46. So these fraudulent votes make the average useless.
If there's any way to eliminate the bogus zero votes, that would make the fan voting averages much more useful data. Thank you.