Star Trek Voy - Season 2 - Episode 02
- Kar was played by Aron Eisenberg, who plays Nog on DS9.
- Chakotay's shuttle fight with Kar.
- Neelix speech about being underused.
- Chakotay's meeting with the Kazon leader and the children.
- Chakotay and Kar's escape.
- Kar killing the maje and earning his name.
This episode is a nice exploration of the Kazon culture. They value the "earning" of their names which they do by accomplishing great feats. By killing people or dying honorably in battle. It seems obvious that the Kazon are supposed to be a less sophisticated delta quadrant version of the Klingons, which is both interesting and annoying. It is interesting in that their culture is diverse and rich, but annoying in that it is an obvious parallel to the Klingons. The highlight of the episode is Chakotay's performance. I like his moral stance on everything. "You'll see no hate in my eyes." We learn about the Trabe in this episode, the Kazon shared their homeworld with them. The Kazon were oppressed by them. There was a revolt and the Kazon conquered the Trabe. Not a particularly amazing episode, but a decent watch.
No fan commentary yet.