Star Trek DS9 - Season 4 - Episode 05
0, not filler, do not skip this episode.
- Numerous major long term plot threads are serviced here.
- According to Dukat, the Breen home world is a frozen wasteland.
- Dukat's appearance as Kira's traveling companion. Funny.
- Kira to Dukat: "Captain Sisko is right! You are in love with the sound of your own voice."
- Dukat: "I know you find this hard to accept, but I believe that in some ways the occupation actually helped Bajor." Kira: "Which part? The massacres or the strip mining?"
- Sisko's major faux pas with Kassidy at the dinner and his later discussion about with with Dax and Bashir.
- Quark trying counsel Sisko, describing how Ferengi handle women.
- The revelation that Dukat had a Bajoran mistress and even a half Bajoran daughter!
- Dukat sitting on something painful. I bet Kira enjoyed every moment of that.
- Sisko getting advice about his girlfriend from Jake. ;)
So Dukat has a half Bajoran daughter. A decent episode. For several brief moments, I felt that Kira and and Dukat actually gained some respect for each other. Beyond the chronicling of Kira and Dukat's adventure and Sisko and Yates' relationship though, the episode offers very little. An average offering.
The following are comments submitted by my readers.
- From Orion Pimpdaddy on 2006-05-13 at 10:33am:
When Dukat is about to kill his daughter, at the end of the cave, look carefully at the right side of the screen. Something appears to crawl down the camera lens and then crawl back up. It may be a drop of water, but that does not explain how it changes direction. It is probably a spider.
- From John on 2011-01-11 at 2:28am:
Another Kira episode. It plays out like this:
Kira hates Cardassians and won't shut up about it. Gul Dukat shows up. Kira is outraged. Dukat is arrogant. Kira gets defensive and self-righteous -- this goes on for about 20 minutes, as usual. Kira puts her foot in her mouth and finally shuts up for a little while. Dukat shocks everybody (except the audience) by proving once again that he's even more evil than they thought he was, but not quite super-evil (yet). Kira witnesses all of this but doesn't learn anything (as usual). The end.
- From Rob UK on 2014-03-03 at 4:36pm:
I was just watching this episode and just after Dukat sits on the thorn all is not right, i edited out the scene and uploaded it, check this out
Good bit of humour i thought
No copyright infringement intended purely for fandom and entertainment purposes only ;) Thanks for sharing that little snippet of sanity Kethinov