Star Trek Ent - Season 1 - Episode 14
Originally Aired: 2002-1-30
T'Pol, Reed and Hoshi get stranded on a Klingon "shipwreck" sinking inside a gas giant. Archer tries to convince a captured Klingon to help before his crewmates get crushed in the intense pressure of the planet's atmosphere. [DVD]
- T'Pol says Klingons don't use escape pods. So exactly what did Worf use in DS9: Penumbra?
- Hoshi's target practice.
- Reed: "We can travel faster than the speed of light. You'd think we could find a cure for the common cold!"
- Hoshi, translating a console: "Something they call photon torpedoes?" Reed: "Photon torpedoes? Never heard of anything like that. What else?"
- Bu'Kah: "I've never seen your kind before, but you have made an enemy of the Klingon Empire!" Archer: "From what I've noticed, that's not hard to do."
- Hoshi's reaction to the Klingon galley.
- Hoshi and T'Pol stumbling on targs.
- Archer doing his Klingon homework.
- T'Pol, Reed, and Hoshi using the Klingon photon torpedoes to push the ship up in altitude.
A reasonably entertaining episode, but devoid of consequences, which is annoying. As Archer complains, why does his help always go unappreciated? Archer has helped Klingons three times now and received no gratitude. Did the war with the Klingons start because Earth kept being really nice guys around the Klingons? What we're shown hasn't been very credible so far.
The following are comments submitted by my readers.
- From Krs321 on 2012-03-13 at 10:26am:
How is it a problem that Worf used an escape pod 200+ years after T'Pol made that statement?
- From CeeBee on 2013-12-21 at 2:52pm:
In the Augment-trilogy in season 4 Archer uses an escape pod on the Klingon ship as well.
- From Hugo on 2017-02-13 at 2:49am:
I liked this ep, nice tension and character development. I think the captain should have invited the Klingons for a victory feast in the final scene... Too bad we didn't get a chance to see the braced shuttlepod, I'd be curious what that looked like.
Nice comment in reference to Voyager in the beginning - where Reed comments that they shouldn't lose the shuttle...