Star Trek Ent - Season 1 - Episode 15
Originally Aired: 2002-2-6
When T'Pol is ordered by her superiors to leave Enterprise, she goes on one last away mission with Archer to planet Coridan, where they are taken captive by a militant faction and once again encounter the volatile Andorians. [DVD]
- This episode establishes that there are 15 phase pistols aboard Enterprise.
- Archer teasing Trip about not going to Coridan.
- T'Pol passing Archer off as a steward.
- Shran declaring that he can't sleep at night knowing he still owes Archer for what he did for him.
This is a somewhat odd episode. Not only did the characters have to deal with the hostage situation on Coridan (a nice reference to TOS: Journey to Babel), but they also had to deal with the repercussions of the destruction of the P'Jem monetary due to the events of Ent: The Andorian Incident. Both situations seem to come to a head simultaneously. Unfortunately the two plots don't mingle very well. The primary plot seemed to be the hostage situation while the secondary plot seemed to be the aftermath of P'Jem when it should have been the opposite. Seems the writers couldn't make an interesting story out of just the aftermath, so they conjured up a reason for some generic action. The result is a kind of mash up that makes for a rather mediocre episode.
The following are comments submitted by my readers.
- From zook on 2009-06-07 at 12:36am:
Shran is played by Jeffrey Combs, who also played the Vorta Weyoun in DS9.